Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

01 mars 2006

HUMP!day

Who has mastered the art of sipping a really hot drink? I mean, I know it’s something that any grown ass person should know, but I don’t know that I’ve figured it out before today. Certainly not before I burned the CRAP out of my tongue, lol!!! Of course, not before that happened. But now I think I have it figured out.

Does it often take a situation or an experience to “burn” us before we finally get the lesson?

This week has been one where each morning I have been very reluctant to get out of bed. I don’t know if it’s because it’s gotten so cold these days and to pull back the covers is to expose myself to an icy chill, or what. Warm, snuggly and cozy is what I like, and what I’d have no problems waking up to. Mmmm...

And speaking of reluctance, there are a few things I’ve been putting off each day to the next, swearing to myself that I will get it done. I promise. I lie. But, at some point, these tasks will arrive at a critical stage and I will truly find myself in the usual panic. Didn’t I resolve within myself that 2006 would be different? That I’d painstakingly get over my fears, push my doubts and insecurities out of the way and take care of business???
oui. je sais.
I did.
oui. je sais
I promised.
oui, je peut.
No more lies...

3 Comments:

Blogger Organized Noise said...

Face it, we're all hard-headed. It's just like the kid and the stove. No matter how many times you tell them that the stove is hot, they don't learn until they touch it themselves. As we get older, the situations may be different, but the lessons continue to be learned the hard way.

lun. mars 06, 10:09:00 PM 2006  
Blogger VerseOne said...

I don't believe you get used to hot liquids scorching your tongue, because believe me i've tried to no avail. plus i'm an impatient dude, so i don't want to wait for ish to cool down.
but check my post this week, let me know what u think. Peace

lun. mars 06, 10:20:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Issiata said...

@ON - I have found that when I don't learn a lesson in my life, it continues to come back to me. You know what they say about a hard head, right? lol Still, a sista's trying to get her thang 2gether...

@Verse - I feel you on the impatience thing. I have to wear my (patience) bracelet pretty much everyday to remind me to slow things down.

Thx for the heads up. I'll be sure to check you...

mar. mars 07, 11:08:00 PM 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home