Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

31 janvier 2006

Loss of Light



Today we lost a matriarch of the movement for justice, equality and peace for all people. We must honor Mrs. Coretta Scott King and the countless men and women of the civil rights movement who were lynched, burned and tortured, mauled by dogs, maimed by water hoses and beatings, and who endured unimaginable humiliation so that future generations would have it a little bit easier.



The issues may not be as clear cut and overt as they once were, but certainly the fight for equity is not over. We need to build on the foundation laid by the heroes and heroines of the peace and justice movement and our ancestors before them by continuing to demand equality and respect.



We have to want more...it can’t be enough just to discuss these issues and take a look into the past only in February....