Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

28 septembre 2005

"L" is for Loser

In The News: “Brownie” faces a congressional inquiry and has to explain what went wrong in the relief effort staged by FEMA for Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

Of course he proceeds to blame everyone: Mayor Nagin and Governor Blanco, the police department, the state legislatures, etc---everyone but himself. One members of the committee told him he was clueless, and couldn’t believe that he would not take responsibility for what happened.

Michael Brown’s defense was that he could have done more, had he realized that Louisiana was “dysfunctional”. I’m surprised no one on the committee gave him the “L” for “Loser” b/c this guy definitely deserves it. The bottom line is that he did not utilize the resources available so that people on the gulf coast would be evacuated effectively or so aid would be ready to go as soon as the storm had passed. Anyone who lead the Arabian Horse Association for a living should not be in charge of saving people’s lives.

And who is going to point the finger at good ‘ol G Dubyah for making such an outstanding choice when appointing the director of FEMA? Can the “good old boy” network be any more blatant?!?! Clearly, Michael Brown was not qualified to head up an agency as critical as FEMA, yet, there he was.