Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

14 septembre 2005

My Best Friend


It's evenings like this that I like best...when the only sounds I hear are those wafting through my window from the gaiety, drums and families bbqing in the park. He lies next to me---his weight and warmth a welcome comfort---as I read a book, watch a movie or surf the net. We've been living together for a year now, actually one year September 1st, and our relationship has evolved into something really special.

His apparent lack of interest in me was quite disconcerting in the beginning. He'd seem to treat me as a persona non grata most days, and only occasionally, would tease me with a rub here and maybe a glance there before trotting off someplace clearly more deserving of his presence. Sometimes if I sat next to him or went into the room where he was, he'd either move elsewhere or leave the room. Initially I was hurt by this display of disinterest and lack of affection. Obviously my expectations were either too high or grossly misplaced. Soon after, I began to resent this treatment. After all, who else made sure he was fed and had plenty of things to keep him entertained? This was certainly not what I'd signed up for when he moved in. After a while, I'd pretty much resigned myself to accepting this as how things were going to be.

But, one day things changed, seemingly overnight. I started dating this guy who really took a liking to my guy and in the blink of an eye, they became instant friends. The unintended consequence of this friendship for me was that I also became privy to the attention and affection being offered to my love interest. Honestly, I couldn't believe my luck. This relationship brought out so many new expressions of endearment that I would never have otherwise believed existed.

Even though I stopped seeing this guy, the wellspring of love continues to flow from my kitty! Our relationship has changed profoundly and not only are we best buds, but we have found a deeper connection that binds us to each other. Now, when I'm in a room, he is always wherever I am when he's not off doing his own thing or having some "him" time.

We now coexist in a peaceful harmony that only we can enjoy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fresh said...

Gorgeous picture of Mr. K :-)

mer. sept. 14, 05:50:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Now even though you had the pic of Kai...you know how my mind works...and I am thinking...that you haven't told me something...lol

I knew he'd warm up to you...remember that first night picking him up? He was a ladies man even back then...staying out all night and wasn't rushing to get home. Guess he's decided that home IS where the heart is...'cause he's UP under you all the time... My "god-son" has not warmed to me yet...but then again....I did save HIS life on Friday night....shoooooo!

jeu. sept. 15, 11:43:00 AM 2005  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home