Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

14 novembre 2005

Thursday, Nov. 10th:
EB went w/me to SOBs to see if we could get into the
Floetry concert. I arrived first and waited in a huge line (but not too hug) to try to get in at the door. We didn’t have advanced tickets, but I figured we should just try our luck at the door and see what happened. EB went to check, and the guy told her that tickets were sold out, but to come back around 9:30p. We decided to come back later, so we headed around the corner from the spot. Well, we ran into some guys standing outside, and what happened next makes me a firm believer in big, beautiful natural hair. One of the guys was feeling my friend’s hair, so he started chatting her up. EB asked if he could hook us up w/tickets, and after more conversation, he said that he’d see what he could do. She took his number and we were off.

I didn’t think too much of it, but EB was convinced that we’d somehow get in. We walked for a while, and all the while my feet are killing me from wearing the high ass shoes I had on. Finally, we stopped for a slice and I got a chance to rest my tired dogs. Cuz believe me, they were woofin’!!! She called him to see what the deal was and he didn’t have any info, so we talked for a while. Then, he called her back. He said for us to meet him back where we were before. We jetted out of the pizza shop and high-tailed it back to the side of the club. Well, as it turns out, this guy was the keyboardist in the band that would be opening for Floetry. So, he told us to stand w/the entourage to go in the side door. Well, we get to the door, and the bouncer is telling ppl that if they are not w/the band, then they need to go get checked in on the guest list...at the FRONT. At that point, the whole group of ppl that we were standing with headed in that direction, but we did not, my friends...SUCKAAAASSSSS...

The door guy stopped us and told us the same thing he’d told everyone else, but EB, with her quick thinking self said that we were with the band, and he let us in. WHHOOOOO!

So, as it turns out not only did we still get to see Floetry, but we got to see them for FREE!! I’m going to refrain from saying too much about the opening act, as they were something special to behold. I will have to hit you all with the link later, lol!! Pure comedy!

Floetry on the other hand, put on such an amazing show, one would not believe. Even the chick behind us (who complained about our hair blocking her view...uh, well, sorry...) could not ruin it for me. They played a mix of old tracks, new tracks, and old school shit to keep the crowd hype. It was such a beautiful thang! I am officially a fan...ahhhh....

It’s getting late, and I have to get to Mr. Kitty, but I will finish up tomorrow! I'm gonna share more about the concert, but hang on to your hats, b/c just when you thought this was good, FRIDAY night was off da hook, too! LOL

2 Comments:

Blogger Fresh said...

Oooh a two part series...I love it! It's gettttting latttteee. Why you gotta' be herrrrre? I like what I've heard on their new CD. It makes their first CD sound kind of raw in comparison.

lun. nov. 14, 09:29:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Issiata said...

Yeah, I am on a roll this week! :) And I know what you mean about their 1st CD...I listened to it at a friend's place, and I agree that the 2nd album sounds more finished...more refined...def less raw...

I am hooked, though.

mar. nov. 15, 10:56:00 AM 2005  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home