Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

13 décembre 2005

Just My Thoughts

DISCLAIMER:
I don't really have much to talk about, but I at least wanted to get something down before I got disowned, LOL! So pls excuse the rambling...this post may or may not make sense. :)Today is just one of those days. I didn’t get much sleep last night (due to circumstances beyond f
Today is just one of those days. I didn’t get much sleep last night (due to circumstances beyond my control, lol) so I’m tired today, and not feeling this cold ass weather.

I’m only looking forward to the holidays in order to have time off work and the drama so I can relax a little. This week is the last full for us, and next week I work three days. Then it’s off to MD for a bit for Christmas, and back to NYC for some peace and quiet and leisure time w/Mr. K. There are a few things in the works for New Year’s Eve, so I’ll be working that out once I’m back.

While I like the change in seasons, I can’t really tolerate days below 40 degrees, sometimes 30’s, the lowest, but this sht right here: BBBBBBRRRRRRRrrrrrrr!

Christmas shopping is not exactly my favorite thing to do, but there are some ppl I want to show how much I appreciate them. But if there was anything I could have (besides a new laptop and a few other things) I would want to celebrate Christmas w/my brother and sister and their kids the way we did a few years back. My sister’s in NC and my brother’s in MD, though MIA most of the time. We didn’t grow up together in the same household as a family, so my heart truly yearns for that closeness.

So while the holidays are supposed to be all joyous and merry, they tend to be mixed with a little sadness for me.

Since there have been some major developments at work, I am looking forward to sitting down w/a piping mug of Earl Grey to map out my goals and plans for next year. I usually start giving the next year some thought and briefly jot down some goals in September. This year wasn’t in depth planning, but now that I have had some quality inspiration (and motivation) from my fellow bloggers, I am so ready to put my pen to paper and begin making my dreams a reality.
*smile*

2 Comments:

Blogger Organized Noise said...

I've lived in New York all my life and I'm not a fan of cold weather so I feel you on that. Hope you enjoy your holidays and get focused for an even better 2006.

mer. déc. 14, 09:54:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Issiata said...

@ Sonya: Seems like 2006 holds the promise of lots of change and growth for many of us. Next year is truly going to be something! I agree that good things are definitely headed our way. :)

@ Will: No doubt! lol Hope ur holidays are warm, joyous and bright!

@ Organized: Yeah, it's getting quite brick out right about now, but I'm maintaining. I am determined to enjoy my holiday and I hope urs are great as well. :) An even better 2006...AMEN to that!

jeu. déc. 15, 02:03:00 PM 2005  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home