Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

30 mars 2006

DAMN, NNENNA!!

Did ya’ll see that kiss???

Hey, I can’t hate on the girl. Who wouldn’t be tempted to sample what oh so gorgeous Vaugh had to offer? I feel bad for her boyfriend, though. My biggest concern is that we don’t have another “Shandi” on our hands. But, in my heart of hearts, I believe that Nnenna is stronger than that and will overcome this obstacle.

I was IMing my best friend throughout the show, and we were screamin’ and hollerin’ when Nnenna did her shoot. We’d seen the previews, but there was no denying how much chemistry Miss Chemist and Mr. Hot Model cooked up on the set. Clearly! They look together, though...

Too bad Gina just cracked under pressure. Jade definitely found her victim and went in for the kill. But as with any show and ratings, there is always at least one true antagonist, and Jade is that for me. I know, it’s a competition, yadda, yadda, yadda, but still. I understand that the industry is cutthroat and it’s every woman for herself, and really, this show is something of a microcosm of life in the fashion/modeling world...shoot, even life in general.

Play to win or get out of the game, as they say. But, at the end of the day, you’ve got to be able to look in the mirror and be okay inside about the way you played. The devil’s always looking for some souls to buy, know what I mean?

Furonda. I’m glad that there’s a nice array of women of color on the show, but there’s something about this woman that’s missing. It’s possible that she has some potential, but I think she needs a little extra “umph.” Danielle is straight rocking it, doing her thing. Gotta give her props. One of my other favorites is Brooke. I’d really like to see her rise more to the challenge and really put herself all out there. She’s so adorable, and could be a serious contender.
Till the next episode...

4 Comments:

Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Ok since I make no apologies about not watching TV; I have no idea what sure you are referring to... but that shant stop me from passing thru and admire pic on the post. Hot.
Peace sis

ven. mars 31, 04:12:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Issiata said...

No doubt, Bk Babe! It's from America's Next Top Model...Thanks for stopping thru, though! :)

sam. avr. 01, 09:13:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Issiata said...

It's all to tha good, BK Babe!! ;)

@Sonya: I am w/u re: Jade. She def knows who not to mess with, and Ms. Sistah Girl (Danielle, I think) is not the one! LOL Did u see the episode where they did the commerical and Jade was twirling around and just all over the place!?!?! *rolling my eyes* I was like, dis chick...is somethin' else!!! And then she blamed the choice of shots, which is never a good look! lol Maybe she'll get a good attitude adjustment...

I liked Mollie Sue, too, but yeah, oh well. What r u gonna do?

You've got a point about Nnenna's expressions. And the judges did say she was getting a little boring. More variety in her expressions will def keep her in the game.

Gotta love ANTM!!!

mar. avr. 11, 12:53:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Issiata said...

@Sonya: LOL!! ROTFL! Yeah, she had betta if she knows what's good...

mer. avr. 19, 11:32:00 PM 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home