Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

09 mai 2006

"My Upbringing Is Not An Excuse...

...it's an explanation..."

I had a really great conversations w/one of my girls tonight about life, love and family, and I surprised myself. In the course of our discussion, I finally was able to do something that has eluded for years---clearly and accurately articulate my feelings about how I was brought up while living with my aunt and uncle.

Coping with, let alone revealing, the traumas of my childhood has been extremely difficult for me. What a relief to discover and release some of the hurt I've held for such a long time was cathartic and refreshing...

...a wonderful gift that took me completely by surprise...

The way I was treated growing up will not be an excuse for bad decisions, but the answers I need to heal, change and grow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Organized Noise said...

Too many people have the "I can't do it because of" attitude, when they need to have the "I'm gonna do it in spite of" attitude. I'm glad you are not going to let your past be a crutch. Way to go.

mer. mai 10, 09:06:00 PM 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home