Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

12 septembre 2005

We Are ALL God's Creatures...

An ANIMAL HAVEN Recovery Effort Update

Donate to Animal Haven's Recovery Effort Now!

Dear Friend,

Since we sent our last enewsletter just yesterday, I have received further confirmation on our role in the Gulf Coast region, along with an outpouring of generosity from dear friends like you. Therefore, I wanted to update you on our plan and what you can do to help.

I have been working with groups in the region and I am in communication with the ASPCA and Best Friends. I leave on Monday for Austin. Once there, I will meet others in our team and three large transport vehicles. We will then head to a location just outside of New Orleans and bring back as many animals as possible. The situation changes by the hour so it is difficult to project actual outcomes. We will keep you up-to-date on our progress.

Many of you want to help and for that we are truly grateful. Your assistance enables us to make the trip. The best way to help is through direct monetary contributions, which you can make online by clicking above or below and making a "general" donation (please note that all donations accepted online over the next two weeks will be directed to this effort) or mail to the address listed at the bottom of this page. Simply direct your gift to Katrina recovery and it will go to fund what will be by all accounts a very costly trip and recovery effort -- so no gift is too small.

If you are interest in fostering or adopting, please be patient with our staff who is currently gathering all inquiries and will get back to you once the animals are safely transported back to New York.

At times like this I'm reminded that Animal Haven is a small animal welfare organization fueled by friends with huge hearts that then allow us to do great things.

I can't thank you enough.

All the best,
Marcello ForteExecutive Director

Donate to Animal Haven's Recovery Effort Now!

Animal Haven Inc.35-22 Prince StreetFlushing, NY 11354 718.886.3683http://www.animalhavenshelter.org/
*********************************************************
I volunteered w/this organization a year ago for the summer, and can tell you that the people there work extremely hard to find loving homes for the animals they take in. The beauty of this org is that it is a NO-KILL shelter. They will keep an animal for as long as it takes to place him/her. It is no surprise to me that they are in the middle of the Katrina relief effort working to rescue/care for the animals that have been left homeless, orphaned or injured as a result of this disaster. I realize that many are donating to give the people there the necessities they need, and I know that's a priority. All I ask is that something be given to this org and others like it to help the animals that are in need. Even it's not money, time or a temporary home will help too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

I remember that...rememeber taking the dog to the West Indian parade...really liked that dog, but definitely not in that crowd. Was wondering what happened to you doing the volunteer thing. Said I was gonna do that....aaa, yea right! Stinky doggy is not a sexy smell though...oh well, I WILL find my niche one day..heeheehee
*like that NO KILL shelter part...animals are so much more loyal than humans...INCLUDING Pollo :-)

lun. sept. 12, 02:12:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Issiata said...

Yeah, so much more loyal---it's part of who they are. LEXUS was such a sweetheart, but the West Indian Day parade was NOT for her, I agree. I miss the volunteering, but didn't like having a fixed schedule, though I realize how necessary it is...uhmmm. You'll find ur thing one day...just gotta keep looking. It's out there. ;)

mar. sept. 13, 12:39:00 PM 2005  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home