Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

14 novembre 2005

Adventures in NYC: Part ONE

DISCLAIMER:
My computer is still down right now, and I’m limping along the best way I know how. So PLEASE bear with me. :)
*****************************************
The latter part of last week was probably one of the best times I have had in I don’t even know how long. I realize that I should give myself a break sometimes from having to have every single thing planned out and be spontaneous, and that’s pretty much what I did. And I’m very happy to report that my doing so had exceptional results.

Wednesday, Nov. 9th:

I went to a martial arts class, and had a really great time. Usually I feel uncomfortable around ppl that I don’t know, and even though this was the school where my friend is a Master, that didn’t relieve me. I also have a problem w/ppl standing all close to me (especially while I’m eating), and there were a few ppl doing that, so the annoyance only added to my discomfort. Well, I finished my “dinner” and class got under way. Once the instructor started talking about all the things we would learn, how the class would be structured and the props we would need, I was good. The class went well, and I am quite pleased to say that I know how to break a person’s shin, defend myself with keys or a pen and how to subdue someone with an amazing grapple hold. I had everyone in the class cracking up, b/c every time the instructor gave us a tid bit of useful info on how to injure someone in a hostile situation, I couldn’t help but be overcome with joy. Yeah, I’m a little psychotic, I know, but I have to say that I felt empowered when I walked out of there, and would suggest that other women take this class as well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fresh said...

The funny thing is...I can see you doing this. LOL! Yay, Issiata!!! I've found the spontaneous things are usually the best because your expectations aren't exaggerated.

lun. nov. 14, 09:25:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Issiata said...

LOL! I know, rt?? Girl, it was so much fun, and I'm glad I allowed myself to be open to the experience.

mar. nov. 15, 10:53:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

At least I know who to call if I ever need a security detail.

mar. nov. 15, 02:40:00 PM 2005  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home