Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

31 mai 2006

Too Close To Home



I don't know if this has made the news, but there was a pretty bad fire in the apt bldg next to mine. My next door neighbor came and got me and I got my roommate, and we up on the roof. The smoke was unbelieveable, and fire sparking everywhere.



My roomie got some photos, and I'm posting them, though they don't do this incident any justice. I heard from another neighbor on the other side of our bldg who came in from outside and saw some people being taken out. Lord knows I hope they are ok.

Anyway, all this got me thinking about how precarious life can be sometimes. It was good to see NYC's bravest out in full force and acting so quickly, but I still worry b/c you never know and I have to do all I can to keep me and Mr. K safe. Hopefully everyone will take this as a reminder to be every bit as careful as you can be.

I try not to worry, but when stuff like this happens, sometimes you just can't help it. Like I told one of my neighbors, all you can really do is pray...

3 Comments:

Blogger Padre Andrés Colmenares said...

This firecars photo was lunatic. I get it to my computer wallpaper.

jeu. juin 01, 12:12:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

Sorry to hear about the fire. Glad you're ok, but I'm sure it made you think.

ven. juin 02, 06:29:00 AM 2006  
Blogger My-Conscience said...

Thank God you none of you got hurt! I agree with the organized noise something that can take your life will always make you think.

lun. juin 05, 09:22:00 PM 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home