Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

07 octobre 2005

Don't Push Me, Cuz I'm Close To Tha Edge...

Like any other person, I have a threshold on the amount of bullsht I can take from other people before I have to let them go. The more I learn about others and about myself through interaction with others, the less tolerance I have for nonsense.

I’m sick of other people trying to manipulate me into feeling guilty for or ignorant about a choice they made b/c they’re not happy w/my response to it. Oh well. Shoulda thought about that one before you made said choice.

But like I said, the more I learn about people, the more I learn about myself. One thing I’ve realized, but am slowly coming to grips with, is that ppl are who they are and they’re gonna do what they’re gonna do regardless of what anyone else may think or feel about it. And you know what? Everyone has that right. However, when that sht infringes on me and you start fcking w/my sht, that’s when we have a problem. And I don’t have to put up with it.

I’m done w/relationships/friendships that require absolutely too much work. How can you build any trust when the other person is not willing to open up...at all??? Believe me, I understand self-preservation, defense mechanisms and all that sht. I do/use those tactics myself b/c no one wants to get hurt. But, the bottom line is that we are all going to be hurt at some point in time by someone. It’s LIFE, and it happens. And as much as we try to avoid it or head it off at the pass, somehow it will still find it’s way to us. I don’t like it when ppl want to know all of my sht, but aren’t willing to be open w/me. Maybe that person is using those tactics...or maybe I just can’t trust yo azz...

And what exactly is being as azhole going to accomplish?