Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

22 novembre 2005

The Element of GENIUS

I had seen previews for Oprah's 20th Anniversary show and decided to record it, and I'm so glad I did. Below is a piece that Sidney Poitier wrote for her. Even though he's talking about Oprah and how she has inspired so many and helped so many more, his words were an inspiration to me and sparked something inside of me to do more, reach higher and be successful on my own terms. So, I wanted to share this, and I hope Mr. Poitier's words light the fire of GENIUS in each of you, too.
*************************************************************

The Element of Genius
Indeed does genius have a shape or a form?
If we cannot spot it by size or shape
Then how do we know we are in its presence?
Might we have been privileged to witness
Moments of genius in Oprah Winfrey’s vision
Over these past 20 years
During which genius, or something akin to it,
Inspired millions of her fellow Americans
To stand tall in their personal lives and reach beyond their limits.
That genius is echoing still in the hearts and minds of many
Who were encouraged to the nurture the goodness in themselves,
And ready themselves to take the reins of their lives
Into their own hands and hold them firmly and have a say
In what direction their journey through life should take.
In these past 20 years, America’s media industry,
As extraordinary as it was, would have been considered less vibrant
Without the genius of Oprah Winfrey, or something akin to it.
As an audience you have seen her vision on your screen.
As a friend, I have seen it in action.
For 20 years, it has remained something to behold.
Congratulations, Oprah, from all of us for these past 20 years,
And for the light you’ve brought that shines so gently
On those who need it most.

2 Comments:

Blogger Organized Noise said...

To the world you are somebody, but to somebody, you are the world. Even though we do most of the things we do because we want to, we never know when someone is looking at us as role models. We might do something to inspire someone and not even know it. We should all strive to leave a positive influence on the world. The world sure does need it.

mar. nov. 22, 09:59:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Fresh said...

I wanna be Oprah when I grow up and have really fabulous people read wonderful things in my honor.

mer. nov. 23, 12:29:00 AM 2005  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home