Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

31 août 2006

Listening To Spirit

I sometimes have a love-hate relationship with old adages, but time and time again this wisdom continues to ring true:

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

To believe that all the things that happen to us in life, no matter how senseless and horrific or beautiful and uplifting, is to believe that they are not coincidental. The key to surviving or relishing the moments, events, and even catastrophies in our lives is to recognize that in everything there is a lesson, and make it our duty to excavate it.

Life is going to happen to us; people are going to come into our lives…always for a reason…sometimes with ppl it's for a season, other times for a lifetime. As I give considerable thought to the people I’ve met, become acquainted with or experienced on some level, each person has, in some way, made a meaningful contribution to my life. There have been times when it just doesn’t seem that way at all. But then I have to take a step back, maneuver out of the emotions I may have been entangled with, and dig for the valuables that lie beneath the surface.

These are the jewels, the minerals, the resources that I can use to shape me into a better person...if I allow them to be catalysts for change that will produce greater attributes and qualities in me as I journey through life. And if I look at things in this light, it's a little easier to discard whatever negativity I might have held on to, while humbling me with gratitude.

I desire to be more open to this truth and to listen more intently to the Spirit as it moves to gently guide me...to follow its quiet insistence rather than resist it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Organized Noise said...

First of all, welcome back. You were missed. Now, in regards to the topic, I'm with you. This is so true. Everything we go through is for a reason. Either for us to simply enjoy it, or for us to learn from it. All of these thing will help make us better people.

lun. sept. 04, 07:58:00 PM 2006  
Blogger My-Conscience said...

I love the titile of this post. When you listen to the spirit he will guide you to your purpose! Beautiful post. Like right now I feel that is was not a coincident that I visited your site today.

ven. sept. 15, 04:55:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Issiata said...

To ON: Thx so much for the encouragement, support and feedback. I really means a lot to me when u share ur insight. Feels good to be back; def beginning to get back in the swing of thangz! :)

To YT: I appreciate ur stopping by and sharing ur thoughts. Def not a coincidence that you came thru. I look fwd to more dialogue!

ven. sept. 29, 09:21:00 PM 2006  
Blogger My-Conscience said...

No prob... Check back in from time to time. Thanks for dropping by.

lun. oct. 09, 07:12:00 PM 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home