Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

09 février 2007

Change Is A Comin'

Unintentionally I didn't get around to writing this year until late in January, but I decided to wait until the new month to actually post...as a way to take stock of the first month of the new year.

A couple posts ago I put up a message one of my friends had sent. Her words had gotten me to thinking about what my theme would be for this year, and FREEDOM came to me.

Even though I have the usual list of goals for the year, it came to me that my focus needed to be on becoming free---releasing myself from the things I may have been holding on to emotionally, financially, and mentally that are keeping me from growing and evolving into the person I am to become.

I realized that I have a lot of hurdles to overcome and so many things I'd love to accomplish, but something's hindering my progress.

I've talked about this before, but one of the major areas for me is finances. My long-term goal is to get out of credit card debt, and my target date is three years from now. Another of my friends is in the same boat, and we've gotten together to support and encourage each other to reach our major financial goals. So, when I make decisions, I will have taken the effect of such decision on this goal. When it comes down to it, I want to be a better steward of my resources, and am excited about seeing this materialize in my life.

What's funny is that once my friend and I really got to talking about this, not long after, situations presented themselves to me which would directly and consequently, have a negative impact on this goal. I was like, wow! I've only just decided to do this, and already stuff is coming my way. I must be on the right track, then!

Finances is only one aspect of my FreeDOME Ride, though. Overall, my theme is to become free of anything that is keeping me from going to the next level in my life.

I'm working to free my mind, my money, my soul, my creativity and whatever else is bound right now.

This is what 2007 is about for me...what about you?

Libellés : ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I hadn't checked in on your blog in quite a while but I'm glad I did. You sound like you're going through a lot of things I am this year. 2007 is definitely time for a renewed effort to pay down my credit card debt. I realized how much it cripples my life now, and how much money I'd have to enjoy life if I hadn't racked up so much debt. I've been living cash free for a year now and that has been liberating in a lot of ways.

2007 for me is all about ME. I realized how lucky I am to have this time in my life where I have no obligations to anyone but myself. I enjoy spending time alone, doing whatever I want, and having just a few responsibilities. It's so relaxing. I'm feeling very indulgent this year and am focused on finding out what makes me happy. Because who knows? When I have a husband and a family down the road, I may never have this much time for myself again!

jeu. mars 15, 12:55:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yep. Change is acomin, brudda, withe election of the Don in Trump Tower.

ven. déc. 02, 09:09:00 PM 2016  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yep. Change is acomin, brudda, withe election of the Don in Trump Tower.

ven. déc. 02, 09:09:00 PM 2016  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home