Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

29 septembre 2006

Selective, But Not Censored

In my writing I've found that I censor my thoughts consciously and unconsciously, and I often feel that my true voice is never really heard. And I'm not altogether certain that I even know what it sounds like.

So in honor of recognizing this need, and my desire to speak my inner truth, I decided to blog somewhat frankly for a month. The intent was to begin Sept. 1st, but seeing as September is like, oh, a day and change from being finished, October will have to do!

Here's a little sumthin' sumthin' I wrote in a "moment":

I have no idea why I am such a fcking procrastinator. It takes me FOREVER to do something, even if it's something I really want to have, or want to do, and I always, nearly always wait until the last minute to do sht. I want 2 b successful & I want more out of life, but somehow, I think this flaw/character weakness of mine is holding me back from really being all that I can.

4 Comments:

Blogger Organized Noise said...

Recognizing a flaw is the first step to fixing it. Good luck.

lun. oct. 02, 09:08:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Issiata said...

Good luck, indeed! lol

mer. oct. 04, 03:07:00 PM 2006  
Blogger My-Conscience said...

Well I have felt this way and to be honest when I turned to God, many turned away from me, but I was in the same boat and feeling the same way, but when I gave my 100% to God; he revealed himself to me in ways that a person who is not in Christ could understand. I realized I procrastinated because I truly didn't believe that I could achieve. The things I wanted took forever to do or finish because in the back of my mind I though I couldn't.

Lastly, your flaws/character weakness that you have is holding you back because you don't believe, but according to the Gospel 2 Cortinthians 12:9 it states: "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

So, continue being up front with yourself as long as you have faith God will step in when you least expect it to order your steps, but you must be consistant in prayer and believing. -nice post.
YoursTruly

lun. oct. 09, 07:10:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Issiata said...

@YT: Thank you for the encouragement!

jeu. nov. 09, 02:09:00 PM 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home