Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

03 novembre 2006

Celebrating ME!

I celebrate my birthday on Sunday, and thinking about this takes me back to where I was a year ago…my how things have changed in 12 months, and how some things have remained the same.

True, I have done things this past year that I am not at all pleased with, but I am actually proud of some of them and I feel good about that. This is rare for me. I am not usually one to congratulate or celebrate myself, but when I see for myself (because I am looking) just how far I have come, I’m genuinely elated and grateful.

Only by God’s grace…

Some moments I didn’t think I would make it through or get past, but here I am, still standing. Shit may have knocked me on my tail…for more than a minute…but, here I am…standing. I even did some things I didn't think I would ever be able to do, but I did them. (positive things)

Only by God’s grace…

Yeah, I’ve come a loooooooonnng way, and still have a ways to go, but this is life. I’m looking forward to a couple ventures I have planned ahead, and am really excited about a few goals I have in sight. My list is usually mad long, but now I’m focusing on the top three.

Everything else will fall into place…

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ISSY.

Why did you let me get that second Purple Motherfucker last night?

dim. nov. 05, 05:24:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Issiata said...

THANK YOU!!!! :)

Yo, I didn't even know that you got a second one! Truly I was not in any position to monitor anyone else...

Thanks for helping me celebrate!!

mar. nov. 07, 03:50:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! IT IS TRULY BY GODS GRACE THAT YOU HAVE A REASON TO CELEBRATE.! PRAISE HIM!

jeu. nov. 30, 12:38:00 PM 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home