Liberté de Pensée et D'Expression

I am donning the NEW as I reflect and RENEW and become more receptive to the Spirit that lives inside of me. I explore my truth, and resist the temptation to censor myself. I must free my expression and share my TRUTH.

Ma photo
Nom :
Lieu : NYC

Resisting Self Censorship

05 février 2007

The First

IN THE NEWS:

I’ve been wanting to comment on this topic for some time, and am just getting around to it.

A sistah was on the news for having reportedly found a (cooked) mouse in her Chinese food. They zoomed in to do a close up of the alleged mouse, which I must add, was battered and friend and looked like a piece of chicken.

However, there were a couple things that would lead one to believe that this in fact was not a piece of chicken. The thin, but batter-fried tail would be one factor, and the other would be what looked like a foot. Additionally, I have to say that the shape was right on. My kitty got a mouse in our place like six months ago. It was a little baby, with it’s little thin tail.

I think you all can see like I saw where this is going.

At any rate, the “specimen” was sent to a lab and an incision was made into the “specimen”, only to reveal very small ribs…DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN…

The conclusion was that it was indeed a mouse, and the sistah is planning to sue to restaurant and whomever else.

I mean, how nasty is that?!??! And the next day after the broadcast, I still see people chillin’ up in the Chinese restaurant for their takeout orders. This isn’t to say that there is something wrong w/that, but is nobody else concerned? The person interviewed from the Chinese restaurant was adamant that it was not a mouse, and yet, here it was.

We all eat Chinese food, but I really, REALLY started to wonder about the how strict health officials enforce the citations they issue and whether they are even on top of these small restaurants. My next thought was that the Chinese ppl who own and run most of these spots could give too shits whether a mouse ended up in the batter and was cooked and served to a customer. You know why? Because it’s mainly Blacks who eat there, and they know we will continue to do so, regardless.

Maybe I’m generalizing and pulling accusations out of the air, but I don’t think what I just stated is far from the truth.

So, how was that #14 last night?

Libellés : , ,